About the Role
If you're an RPLS or about to be, you probably already know the deal. Just in case, here is an overview....don't let it dictate if you apply though. Just go for it and let's talk. You may be surprised how flexible we are with facilitating people's ideal job.
A Project Manager is responsible for the oversight and reporting of budgets and utilization of resources. This role is the key point of contact between Inland and clients. Project Managers oversee the day-to-day operations of field and office staff for multiple projects, including, the tracking of deliverables. They are responsible for proposal writing, business development, and staff development.
• Manage projects from start to finish, while ensuring services meet company quality standards and client specifications
• Participate in planning and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
• Develop and manage proposals, budgets, schedules, billings, and contracts
• Sign and seal plats, field notes and control drawings if required
• Establish work plans and staffing requirements for multiple projects
• Participate in business development opportunities and maintain strong client relationships
• Develop and conduct presentations to clients and other critical stakeholders
• Effectively interface with sub-consultants and as well as other business relationships
• Provide support to other operational units as needed
• Manage and report financial status including AR/WIP and billing cycles
• Represent company interests while in meetings and trade shows as needed
• Perform other tasks as assigned to help accomplish the Company’s strategic goals
What You Bring
You are a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (if you’re a unicorn LSLS as well you should definitely call us)
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline / and or equivalent experience
Demonstrated experience in project management, or newly registered RPLS
Strong proficiency with or understanding of tools such as Carlson, AutoCAD, Micro Station, Trimble Business Center, Trimble Access, Open Roads
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly define assignments/deliverables to team members
Ability to oversee, mentor and motivate a project team
Ability to troubleshoot issues and problem solve on the fly
Ability to meet or exceed deadlines while maintaining teamwork and collaboration with others
About the Company
We're a privately owned, survey only small business. While we are currently expanding quickly, and opportunities exist for growth, our vision keeps us to a one location niche expert firm. We specialize in infrastructure projects for municipalities and civil engineers in the Central Texas Region.
If you work here we can guarantee you'll be respected, treated like a professional, trusted, and given the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance to your fullest potential at work and in life.
• No corporate bureaucracy, small family focused business
• 100 % company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Generous paid time off (15 days a year, increasing to 20 after 5 years) - Accrual starts immediately
• Simple IRA program offers 100% employer match up to 3%
• Tuition reimbursement for survey related education