About the Role
This position is for either an experienced field technician or someone with an Associates or above in Survey who is looking to gain field experience while on their way toward registration. There will be an expected training period while you learn our systems and procedures, but the core skill set of running and leading field operations is there.
For anyone interested in advancing in the Survey Profession. Our Chief Surveyor has many years’ experience teaching survey at the collegiate level and mentoring up and coming surveyors to passing their SIT and RPLS exams. We currently have one SIT studying for his RPLS and three employees enrolled at Austin Community College’s Survey Program. The company will pay for all education and professional training toward career advancement.
• The crew chief oversees the daily field operations of a survey crew or works independently as part of a senior team
• Determine most efficient plan of action for data acquisition for field surveys of all types
• Proficient with documentation of work performed and sketches
• Communicate daily with Project Surveyor and technician regarding project schedule and work progress
• Interact professionally with client representative and land owners
• Read and interpret fields packs, maps, and directions
• Prepare daily reports, time sheets, and other required paperwork
• Maintain vehicle and field equipment
• Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
4+ years of industry experience (pay will be commensurate with experience)
Competent operating total stations, GNSS receivers, and data collectors. (Trimble experience preferred but not required)
Strong computer and technical skills
Strong communication skills (listening, writing and verbal)
Proven work history, strong work ethic, and respectful attitude
· Ability to work continually outside across all types of terrain
· Ability to work out of town approximately 10% of the time (we ask for volunteers first, then assign people if needed, extra daily bonus and overtime when traveling)
Valid driver's license, clean background check and drug screening
About the Company
We're a privately owned, survey only small business. While we are currently expanding quickly, and opportunities exist for growth, our vision keeps us to a one location niche expert firm. We specialize in infrastructure projects for municipalities and civil engineers in the Central Texas Region.
If you work here we can guarantee you'll be respected, treated like a professional, trusted, and given the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance to your fullest potential at work and in life.
• No corporate bureaucracy, small family focused business
• 100 % company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Generous paid time off (15 days a year, increasing to 20 after 5 years) - Accrual starts immediately
• Simple IRA program offers 100% employer match up to 3%
• Tuition reimbursement for survey related education